I’m having a hard time figuring out how to properly route my mail. I
have two main mail accounts – my free.net.ph address and my ateneo.edu
address. At home, I can send mail from any account I want, but I have
to use the web interface (IMP) to check my ateneo.edu account for
messages (no POP/IMAP in! pfft). In school, I can poll both accounts,
but I can only send mail from my ateneo.edu account.
I’ve more or less decided to:
– Set my from: and reply-to: to my email@example.com address.
– Subscribe my firstname.lastname@example.org address to all the mailing lists, but
set my delivery options to nomail.
– Yahoogroups should handle it appropriately.
– Pro: Personal replies tend to get past the mailing list stuff.
– Con: I need to be able to inform everyone when I no longer have an
– Use email@example.com in my .signature, so that people who run
across my messages will still be able to reach me.
Sounds like a plan!