- Assembling time: 15 minutes
– Cooking time: 15 minutes
|4||pita breat rounds|
|bottlede barbecue sauce|
|1/4||cup chopped pitted ripe olives|
|1||1-pound package (8) frankfurters|
|4||ounces pepper cheese, cut into 16 strips|
|Sourc cream dip with French onion|
- Split pita bread in half horizontally to make 8 rounds. Brush cut side of each pita half with some barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with chopped olives. Make a lengthwise cut in each frankfurter that is almost, but not all the way, through the frankfurter.
- Place 2 strips of pepper cheese inside each frankfurter. Place a filled frankfurter on each pita round; roll pita around frankfurter. Secure with a wooden pick. Place on a baking sheet.
- Cover baking sheet with foil. Bake in a 375′ oven about 15 minutes or till cheese is melted and frankfurters are heated through. Remove wooden picks; dollop each with sour cream dip and top with a ripe olive. Makes 4 servings.
|Assembling time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||8 minutes|
|2||pita bread rounds|
|3/4||cup shredded caraway cheese or hickory smoke-flavor cheese|
- Cut pita bread rounds into half horizontally. Cut each pita half
into 8 wedges. Place on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with shredded
chees. Bake in a 375′ oven for 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve warm. Makes 32.
|Assembling time||13 minutes|
|2 1/2||cups water|
|6||envelopes instant cocoa mix|
|6||tablespoons rum or brandy (optional)|
|Pressurized dessert topping|
|6||cinnamon sticks or peppermint sticks (optional)|
- In a large saucepan combine water and milk. Heat to almost boiling.
In a large pitcher, empty the cocoa mix; add hot milk mixture. Stir
till cocoa is dissolved.
- Pour cocoa mixture into 6 mugs. Stir 1 tablespoon rum or brandy into
mug, if desired. Top with dessert toping; add a cinnamon stick or
peppermint stick, if desired. Makes 6 (6-ounce) servings.
|Assembling time||8 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|1||8-ounce can tomato sauce|
|3/4||teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed|
|3/4||teaspoon dried basil, crushed|
|1/8||teaspon garlic powder|
|1/4||cup fine dry bread crumbs|
|1||pound ground beef or pork|
|1/2||cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Combine 1/3 cup of tomato mixture, the egg, bread crumbs, and 3/4 teaspon salt. Add meat; mix well. Shape into five 1/2-inch-think patties.
- Place patties in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 350′ oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Drain off fat. Spoon remaining tomato mixture atop. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 minutes more. Serves 5.
Lessons from Jerome: More pragmatic, more concrete examples. It’s
really different. Still trying to figure out what the good thing there