- Good design
– Object-oriented principles
– Patterns: abstracting and applying to a different situation
– Tokenizing strings
official patterns for doing things
– so most people by default will follow our official pattern
– be very consistent about doing things
– know when the pattern applies
game exercise – modify a game framework; teach them how to analyze code, create objects, etc.
generic game server
I find that I approach project defenses as my opportunity to learn
from the group the insights they had while working on the project. =)
I’m looking forward to the CS123 project defenses!
check out the first article. The pic of the ring enlarges.
Question is, would you wear it or eat it? *teasing*
Teaching quote: “The teacher is the needle and the disciple is the thread.” (Miyamoto Musashi)