Evaluations (September 10, 2003, 0) - (education)
- What do you like best about this course and/or the instructor? (List up to three things.)
- What do you like least about the course and/or instructor? (List up to three things.)
- If you were the instructor, what would you do to improve the course?
Plan for Friday:
- English-level description of sorting and searching. Give them
Teaching evaluations for SY 2004-2005 (April 14, 2004, 0) - CS21A-A: Introduction to Computing I
What did you like best about the course and the teacher?
- She was very understanding! She would always never hesitate to approach the students if there is a prob.
- Fun, helpful, knowledgeable teacher.
- The course was like a playground, ripe with experimentation and countless possibilities. The teacher is very fun. It
CS161 (November 19, 2003, 0) - Having breezed through the first slide set in one class day while the
other teachers are just halfway through, I wanted to help my students
review the topics. I prepared a reviewer for the first slide set of
operating systems (SXI
PPT) and asked students to
answer as an ungraded exercise. It revealed a lot of areas for review,
CS21A today (September 19, 2003, 0) - (education, cs21a)
We had a particularly fun CS21A session today. I wanted them to learn
how to grow an array and how to guarantee uniqueness. Instead of
giving them a well-prepared step-by-step lab, I wanted to help them
practice understanding oral instructions and gathering requirements.
The exercise was this:
I’m a teacher. I want a program that helps me keep track
CS1 site (September 16, 2003, 0) - - http://www.cs.up.ac.za/javagently/ListEx.html has a lot of examples,
and it has an overarching project. Hmm. Stuff seems to come from the
Java Gently textbook. Must get that, then.