Refreshing my Linux install (December 31, 2003, 0) - - Download
- Boot grub with the following commands:
kernel (hd0,2)/root/root.bin ide0=ata66 initrd=/root/root.bin
- Gleefully delete the other partitions except for the main XP one (we’ll leave one lying around just in case – it’s only 5G, anyway.)
- Create a 550 MB swap partition as /dev/hda2.
- Create a 5 GB partition for
TLUG meeting: Knoppix (January 15, 2005, 0) - Today we have two presenters talking. Before we do that, we usually have new faces give a short introduction.
- Craig. In and out of Japan, 1996 to 1999. In Tokyo since November.
- Laslow. I heard that this is the place you go to get your old Lotus 123 programs fixed. UNIX user since 1996 or
Rough guide to getting an existing Windows XP partition to boot as a VMWare guest under Linux (February 10, 2008, 3) - Because I might have to do this again someday…
Install VMWare Server. Use the advanced config to create an image that uses your existing hard disk.
Boot Windows (physically). Back up the current hardware profile.
Boot Linux. Download the SCSI drivers from http://www.vmware.com/download/ws/index.html#drivers ..
Change your GRUB config so that it doesn’t time out. You
(Mon Sep 16:23 2002, *Messages*) (September 16, 2002, 0) - Fixed planner remember bug – context was getting piced up after the switch of buffer.
More nuggets from the luser who’s trying to hit on me (June 18, 2004, 0) -
Out of the Minix OS there rose the linux 0.01 kernel. If u did not
used it and depend much with emacs u were never been in d world of
The Unix kernel is so simple but it takes to be a genius to
understand it. Emacs is so complex but it only takes an idiot to