– organize by year
– mike line number
– neil no indententation
– curriculum now used, but spread over several months
– kicked out of rooms
– teaching without computers
– games that kept us going
– contact ma’am sonia (ask Mario)
– chipi will make a yahoogroup
– decide on
– slightly like a textbook. what programs were significant.
– neil: maybe we have too many goals. if it’s a textbook, why not just buy an algorithms book?
– mike: book about the problems.
– jerome: how was this problem important to our learning?
– mike: chaos theory
– good insight on how to design problems
– what to do when you’re a judge
– experience when the SEARCC was hosted here
– judges did not make the problems, no description for error checking, input wrong, judges not aware of the contest specs
– if you’re are organizer, make sure that the judges are those who made the problems and that they’re aware of how the contests should go
– shifting into the different contests: micromouse
– per year
– how we learned as a group, on a year-to-year basis
– what happened to you, personally, in that year
– write all the stories first, then find a theme
– what we’ve done as a group to evolve with the times
– time, stack no longer big issues: manual recursion!
– paradigm shifts
– our approach complemented by real-time events that have bene happening to us – people who couldn’t compete any more, etc.
– what have we been doing. we’ve all been coming back. if you’re interested in this (contests), from any standpoint, then this might be something you’re interested in.
– they have something in common.
– we’re really into analyzing how to make something work, and we actually have something that we can call our own.
– permutation algorithm thing
– 5 years later: I proved it! It works!
– Roman numerals brute force
– not having the books
– language limitations of QBASIC
– just tell stories and we’ll see what comes out of it
– little side stories
– india: cards
– pisay. all of the years, covered yung pisay
– whatever outcome that helps you further in life
– breakdown personally of experiences, breakthrough, pictures, whatever else.
– outline within 1 to 2 weeks
– storybook with puzzles in between
– fairly deep analysis
– keep things on the light side
– is this a sign that we’re getting old?
– mike: I can no longer be at this level
– we’ve actually achieved quite a lot at this point and we want to share quite a bit.
– comparing ourselves to the international teams, we still need a bit more insight. but we’re on the other side already. backchannel. we have to share it somehow.
– lots of title suggestions