Posted on January 19th, 2004 by Sacha Chua
- Students gain confidence by going through a number of reading exercises before proceeding to programming exercises.
- A combined group/individual exercise allows all the students to cooperate while still giving them time to practice on their own.
- Candy is a good thing, particularly during examinations.
- All-or-nothing exams are easy to check and are particularly apt for reading exercises. However, students need to be exposed to them early on so that they become familiar with the stringent requirements and so that mistakes can be dealt with early.
- I should have a morning schedule so that I wake up early.
- I prefer having students work together on exercises much more than I prefer lecturing, although I am getting the hang of lecturing because of my CS161 class.
- Quizzes at the beginning of a class are a bad idea unless they’re regular. Students don’t get to study enough – context switch.
Short URL: sach.ac/p/1612