The potato surprise mentioned yesterday was actually
pretty okay, although I think I should’ve left it in the micro for a
minute or two more so that the egg cooked completely. Next time, I can
omit the rice and just eat the potato+egg+corned.beef mix as
is. Slightly larger potatoes might be nice.
- 2 hollowed-out potato shells from last night’s potato soup
- 1 small can of corned beef (the smallest you can find; I’ll look up the exact measurement soon)
- 1 egg
- Handful of minced onions
1. Fry corned beef with onions on high heat until it’s nice and
crunchy. (Essentially, we are satisfying ourselves that the corned
beef is more or less edible…)
2. Crack egg into bowl.
3. Mix corned beef into egg. Add salt if you want.
4. Pour mixture into potato shells.
5. Microwave potatoes for 2.5 minutes or until it seems safe. I
microwaved them in one of my ultra-wonderful rigid-plastic
containers (not the cheap ones that deform; this is heavy stuff!)
with an airhole, which kept the potatoes nice and moist.
Okay lunch.Short URL: sach.ac/p/2129