- Purple sweet potato, cubed (1 inch)
- Chicken breast, cubed: can be leftovers
- Vinaigrette, or balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Put potato cubes in microwaveable container with a little bit of water.
- Cover and microwave the potato for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken cubes in the pan.
- Make vinaigrette by mixing balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Tear the lettuce into bits.
- Drain the potato cubes and add them to the lettuce.
- Add the chicken cubes to the lettuce.
- Drizzle dressing. Delicious!
I know, I know, I said I’d never buy a whole chicken again, but
Dominion had a two-for-one chicken sale! I froze one and stuffed the
other with apples and onions before roasting it. That’s why I had
plenty of cooked chicken on hand. I needed to find interesting ways to
use the fruits and vegetables from the
Good Food Box. In particular, I had a head of quickly-wilting romaine lettuce,
and I wanted to use the sweet potatoes (kamote! yay!).
I Googled up a recipe for chicken sweet potato salad and threw everything together quickly. It was a nice meal, and I liked the way the sweet potato contrasted with the balsamic vinegar. =)
Happy girl. Level up!
On Technorati: cookordie, cooking, salad, chicken