My mom sent me a penguin stuffed toy! =) And cute cat self-adhesive
notes! And a Halloween gift box with a cute cat on it! =) Awww…
Random Emacs symbol: ucs-input-activate – Function: Activate UCS input method.
A good way to grow friendships (or relationships, for that matter) is
to do non-work stuff together. I initially stuck this under
OnLove#date-ideas, but realized it was generally applicable.
Objectives for activities:
- Enjoy life
- Get to know each other
- Share experiences: “Remember when…”
- Expand our experience and try something new
- Work towards goals
||Change of scene
- Playing board games like Scrabble or chess
- Watching a movie (thought-provoking, uplifting, funny, senti (but not cheesy))
- Reading books and sharing ideas
- Playing billiards
- Exploring art and culture (see below)
- Learning a foreign language
- Walking around, preferably near water
- Exploring art and culture
- Attending a lecture
- Visiting friends
- Larger conversation / dinner party
- Hack night
- Goal sprint – pick a goal and work towards it
- Table tennis
- Attending a tech event
- Volunteering: canvassing, etc.
Art and culture
- working with clay / pottery / sculpture
- listening to music
- making music
- writing (poetry, short stories, nonfiction)
- developing a better sense of design
- taking photographs
- going to a museum or gallery (realistic paintings, photographs, sculptures)
- watching a play
Feel free to suggest more!
Random Emacs symbol: bbdb-finger-host-field – Variable: *The field for special net addresses used by “M-x bbdb-finger”.