More posts about: Uncategorized Tags: kmd2004 // Add Comment »
(This is not even a draft - more like table-napkin scribblings for my article for a class I'm taking)
Developers who go into open source can develop or strengthen their connections to other actors in the network.
- Developers who can offer more low-cost solutions adapted to the local market become more relevant to local IT consumers.
- Developers with open source experience and enhanced skills become more relevant to employers and colleagues.
- Developers often turn to user groups for help with open source projects. These communities span geographic boundaries.
- Developers can improve their standing in the community by asking questions in an intelligent manner and helping other users with their questions.
- Developers can further improve their standing in the community by contributing code, documentation, or other resources. In this way, they can create a personal brand, and may even connect with potential employers in other countries.
- Developers can also participate in local open source communities. This allows them to share local challenges and even take on larger projects. Open source use and development provides them with an opportunity to strengthen their connection with other local developers.
- A strong local community of developers contributes to a national brand and perceptions of a strong IT talent pool, which is important for attracting international investments and for encouraging the growth of the local IT industry.
On Technorati: kmd2004
Random Emacs symbol: bbdb-offer-save - Function: Offer to save the Insidious Big Brother Database if it is modified. - Variable: *If t, then certain actions will cause the BBDB to ask you whether