Toronto uber-girl-friend Quinn has just tagged me with the “5 things people don’t know about you” meme. Ordinarily I’d stick that into my blogging backlog and get around to it eventually (hi Rob! I promise I’ll post about favorite movies someday…), but… well… =)
So. Five things people probably don’t know about me, or often forget:
- My name isn’t Sacha Chua. Sacha’s my nickname. My formal name is Sandra Jean Valentino Chua. I might legally change my name to Sacha Chua or Sacha V. Chua someday.
- I don’t blog everything. It may be hard to remember this sometimes when you read about all sorts of crazy things going on in my life. Sometimes I’m too busy to blog, but not blogging because of lack of time makes me feel guilty (unexamined life and all of that). Sometimes it’s because the moment has passed. Sometimes it’s because it’s about other people’s lives. Sometimes it’s because, well, I haven’t figured out how to write about it yet. But yeah, I don’t blog everything, and I often forget the unblogged stuff too…
- I’ve had and still have hangups about relationships. First there was the “Don’t have a boyfriend until you have a PhD because that will just distract you” thing that I let myself grow up with before I realized that love can be a Good Thing. Then there was *also* dealing with the fact that I attracted a fair bit of attention as a cute, cheerful girl into technology and darned good at it. Best friend and co-conspirator Diane puts the official count at more than 50 people shot down before I graduated from college. I thought I was done with that already, but have lately realized that I’ve been avoiding making lots of new friends closer to my age because I was worried about possibly having to reject people, which is a silly reason not to be friends with people.
- I don’t really eat a lot of chocolate. At least not by myself. Or at least I try not to. Chocolate is my treat of choice for all of life’s occasions, particularly the sad ones, but I prefer to have it in company because eating by myself is kinda sad and having chocolate with others will probably get me good conversation and/or a hug. I keep emergency chocolate around, but I tend to have a chocolate surplus because people who give me chocolate rarely stay around to enjoy all of it. Next time, stay.
- Hobbies you might not have thought I had: Acting (attended children’s theater workshop), writing (had a poem published), drawing (pastel published in book with poem, art classes as a kid, and still the occasional rough sketch these days), chess, ballroom dancing (swing, chacha, boogie, tango), firespinning (I have poi videos somewhere), T-shirt surgery and other ways to hacking clothes, beaded jewelry-making (or at least I’m trying to get into this), crocheting (couldn’t stop me from crocheting during class in grade school), sculpting clay or sand (totally informally; think Playdoh, think the beach), walking around with strange objects on my head (product of an all-girls grade school education), piano, badminton, skateboarding (or at least getting from point A to point B without killing myself), baking (cookies) and *trying* to cook (operative word *trying*), balancing my accounts (seriously), playing samba, playing the recorder (everyone goes through that phase), knitting, origami, taking care of stray cats…
<stretch> There. Happy? ;)
Random Emacs symbol: overlay-buffer – Function: Return the buffer OVERLAY belongs to.