I was having *such* a hard time figuring out how to set up Scone to do user testing. I knew it came with a plugin that would do practically everything I wanted, but… the documentation was in German!
Wayne offered to lend me his German language tapes. ;)
After MUCH struggling with it and *lots* of trial and error, though, I eventually figured out where I was supposed to configure the plugin in order to get it to load.
For posterity, here’s how to do it:
- Download and unpack Scone from http://www.scone.de.
- mysql -u root -p
- In the MySQL client, CREATE DATABASE scone
- mysql scone -u root -p < setup/sconedb.sql
- mysql scone -u root -p < setup/setUserRights.sql
- Edit run/config/scone/db.xml and change the database name from Scone to scone.
- sh runScone.sh -g
- Register plugin: run/setup/wbi/scone.reg
- sh runScone.sh -config
- Register plugin: scone.usertesttool.UserTestTool
- Set your web browser proxy to localhost, port 8088
- Visit usertest.scone.de
Random Emacs symbol: browse-url-galeon-new-window-is-tab – Variable: *Whether to open up new windows in a tab or a new window.