This week, I focused on getting on board at IBM. I’m happy to say that
the process was very smooth, and I’m now deep in work doing things I
love to do for a project that I believe in. How lucky is that?
<grin> I love my work!
I’m also happy with my work-life balance. I’ve been able to do good
work *and* enjoy a good home life as well. I don’t feel that I’m
losing out at all. This feels sustainable, and that’s important. As I
tweak parts of my day, I’ll be able to free up more time and
brainspace for personal projects.
I went to trapeze lessons last Tuesday. The class was fun. I think
I’ll move my trapeze lessons to Friday so that I can make my week a
little more relaxed.
Richard Eriksson was in town, so I
invited him over for tea and loaded him with little gifts for Quinn.
It was nice to chat with him again. =) I also had tea with
Driss Benzakour, braindumping a whole
bunch of job search tips from my recent experience.
Goals for next week:
- Monday: Organize information, plan external blog, plan podcast, library run
- Tuesday: CASCON presentation, meeting with Gordon Lee, Emacs blog entry
- Wednesday: CAS dinner? Double-check
- Thursday: Dogear podcast script, audio, Emacs blog entry
- Friday: Dogear podcast video
- Saturday: Write three pages for book
- Sunday: Write another three pages for book
Random Emacs symbol: cdr – Function: Return the cdr of LIST. If arg is nil, return nil.