While searching for Emacs calendar sync, I came across Bill Clementson’s post on Emacs and Google Calendars. He showed how to use the Emacs Client for Google Services to add items to the Google calendar and to the local diary file at the same time. I might look into that.
The WickedCoolEmacs book may take a little more work than expected. I
want to include not only what’s already out there, but what logically
makes sense to include—and that might take some hacking on my part as
well. With a little over a year to go before my deadline, I’m sure
that Emacs will also move quite a bit. I think the best thing to do is
to divide my outline into:
- Built-in packages that I have personal experience with
- External packages I have personal experience with
- Built-in packages I need to learn about
- External packages I need to learn about
- Built-in packages I need to tinker with
- External packages I need to tinker with
- Stuff I have to write from scratch
If I can get all the low-hanging fruit during my first pass, then I
can go back and re-edit the chapters to include more.
Random Emacs symbol: ebnf-print-directory – Command: Generate and print a PostScript syntactic chart image of DIRECTORY.