More posts about: geek Tags: barcamp, barcampmanila, philippines // 1 Comment »
BarCampManila drew over 80 people. There were 16 presentations ranging from 5 to 7 minutes each. What an amazing turnout!
Jerome Gotangco is my new hero. He organized everything (including getting a banner printed with the BarCampManila logo) less than two weeks after I e-mailed him saying that it would be fantastic to have a geek get-together on the 21st and could he please Make It Happen… Wow!
Highlights for me:
- Mario Carreon’s “Maritess and her first computer” sketch. Dual-core aquarium indeed!
- Calen Legaspi and his 7… no… 6… no… 2 lessons from starting a software company! (Nobody expects the Calen Exposition!)
- JM Ibanez and git-svn – gotta check that out
What would make this even better?
- More of a networking session after the talks – maybe limit it to 5 or 10 talks
- Longer slots for demos (no Powerpoint allowed for those!)
- Better sound system (they’re already working on this)
- Table for laptops
- Presenter remote
Catch the replay! I’m looking forward to hearing about the next one. I’m probably going to be in Canada, but that’s what streaming is for… =)