I just spent the last three days updating the administrator’s guide and related documentation for the Transition2 project, making pretty screenshots and typing in clear, step-by-step instructions. Last time I checked, I had 80 pages or so. I don’t know if anyone’s going to read it, but at least it’s there. =)
I actually had fun writing it. I do miss hacking on Drupal code, though.
So here’s my current hierarchy of things I enjoy doing for work, going from most enjoyable to least enjoyable:
- Connecting with people, brainstorming, giving presentations about things I’m passionate about, learning, writing about what I’m learning – love love love!
- Helping people learn about tools they’re going to love
- Developing on open source platforms with terrific user communities (hello, Drupal, Emacs!)
- Writing documentation (not so much)
- Dealing with paperwork and fiddly things I can’t automate
- Making front-ends
- Dealing with cross-browser issues and other things that force me to use Microsoft Windows (not a happy kitty!)