The sore throat from last week transformed into a nasty cold. Fortunately, working from home meant I was just as productive as I would’ve been otherwise (or even more so, considering that I didn’t need to go for a commute). Here’s the update based on last week’s plans:
Back to Drupal 5 awesomeness because I’m rejoining the Transition2 project– Yes! And it’s so nice because my scripts and development tools all still work… Hosting Amy Shuen’s IBM talk on ROI for Web 2.0. Almost 300 people have added it to their calendars, so it’ll be a bit of a scramble and I expect technical difficulties, but I think we’ll make it through.Wahoo! We had almost 100 people on the web conference, and it was a fantastic discussion. I messed up and didn’t correctly record the session, but I figured out how to do it better next time. =) Looking forward to hosting my next teleconference! More drawing: I’d like to try translating some of the analyst reports and statistics into graphs and presentations. I may also experiment with making “polished” looking presentations, learning more about tools like Inkscape in the process.Posted one “polished”-ish presentation:Four Generations In The Workplace: Top 10 Signs of Multigenerational Issues
and one set of diagrams:Public Speaking and Web 2.0
#lifecampto – flesh out what the event might look and feel like, and find out what people think about it– Posted visual agenda:
Must figure out how to make it less pixelated =)
More book notes; requested a whole bunch of marketing books– check out my checked-out books! sachachua.com/library/library.xml – proper reading log to come soon
w00t! Got everything checked off that list. In addition, I also:
- Gave a presentation on multigenerational issues to Laurine Peters’ group of 35 IBM profile-holding managers in Alberta. Not bad for two days of notice!
- Chatted with other people about generational diversity
- Presented my marketing drafts to the team
- Hosted Quinn Fung as a house guest – she decided to fly in for ChangeCamp, and had an awesome time there
- Attended the rtlToronto LEGO heaviest-can-grabbing robotics contest, at which W- won second place. Will post video once I figure out how to convert it.
- Updated my ROI spreadsheet
- Had a great mentoring conversation about sharing knowledge in uncertain times
- Discovered that huevos rancheros are fun and easy to make!
- Discovered that home-made muffin mix can be refrigerated and used for no-fuss freshly baked muffins in the morning, mm mm mm….
And all that while dealing with a cold! =)
Next week (well, this week, really):
- More Drupal awesomeness for Transition2
- I need to finish the paperwork for qualifying for the next band level at work
- I need to prepare for my upcoming presentations and lectures – February is going to be crazy again
- I would like to bake something new
- I’d like to start making a red knee-length coat (hello, Carmen Sandiego!), but I wonder if I should get a red fedora first, so I can color-match. Hmm….