March 28, 2009 - Categories: process
- Visit http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca and click on Your Account. Sign in with the provided library card number and PIN.
- Click on Your Account, and then click on Checkouts. You will see a list of checked-out books sorted by due date.
- Click on the checkbox beside all items due by the following Saturday, and then click on Renew Selected Items.
- You should see a list of items that were renewed and items that failed to be renewed (maximum number of renewals, other users have placed holds). Copy the titles of the items that were not renewed into an e-mail under the heading “TO RETURN“, one title and date per line. Keep this list sorted by due date.
- Click on Holds. If there are any items under the heading Ready for Pickup, copy the titles and expiry dates to the e-mail under the heading “TO PICK UP”, one title and date per line. Keep this list sorted by due date.
- Click on Sign Out.
- Repeat steps for any other library cards indicated, summarizing the books to return and pick up under the same headings you’ve created.
- If there are books to return, log on to Toodledo.com. Click on Add Task in the upper left corner. Set the subject to “Return library books”, the due date to today, the context to Errands, and the note to include all the text (return and pick-up) from the e-mail. Add the task.
- Send me the e-mail with the title Toronto Public Library Report.