The key thing I learned in February 2009 is that delegation is something I can learn and something I can benefit from. I hired a number of virtual assistants through oDesk, including a couple of computer teachers and an assistant who’s my age. In the process of delegating tasks, I learned more about the processes I use and how to make them better. I look forward to continuing to explore this.
- VA Days: Rethinking web search and virtual assistance
- VA Days: Refining web research process for virtual assistance
- VA Days: Calendar Management
- On the other side of the (virtual) desk
I also spent some time thinking about presentations. I gave a lecture on Enterprise 2.0 and knowledge management at the Schulich School of Business:
- Talking about Enterprise 2.0 and knowledge management
- Notes from Enterprise 2.0 and knowledge management talk at Schulich
- Recording of Enterprise 2.0 and Knowledge Management lecture
At work, I developed custom code for the Drupal-based Transition2 system, improving its content management and community features.
In March, I plan to:
- Sort out my paperwork
- Finish this phase of Transition2
- Further integrate virtual assistance into my processes