<stretch> What a great month! I learned so
From last month:
- Sort out my paperwork: Almost there. I just need an updated reference letter from my manager. Hooray!
- Finish this phase of Transition2: About to release today!
Further integrate virtual assistance into my processes: See below!
We've made a lot of progress at work on a new release of our website, which will be deployed today. Along the way, I learned a lot about Drupal, and I shared our lessons learned at DrupalCon 2009 in DC.
I shared some tips and thoughts on public speaking and virtual conferences, which are becoming more popular at work:
Other geeky things: I shared my library reminder script
. Gabriel Mansour's ported it to Ruby, which is probably much more readable. I learned how to make directed graphs with Graphviz
I also started delegating lots of tasks to virtual assistants, and that's been interesting too. Here are some of my thoughts:
and I've documented some of my processes:
I've also shared two of the posts I asked my virtual assistants to put together for me:
(... and my blog has the #1 spot for the search "managing virtual assistants" on Google! Nifty.)
These experiments in delegation have prompted me to think about my own goals
and see what else I can ask people to work on.
I've also been able to turn that energy to other people's goals. I brainstormed ways I could help my parents' business, even over a distance. I helped my parents learn more about ebooks and market research on the Net
. I also created a Google Adwords campaign for my parents' company. I like how I can do split testing on the ads, and Google will optimize the delivery over time. So far, 20 people have clicked through.
Thanks to the wake-up calls and to some schedule shuffling, I've been waking up early to write. It's a great time to share what I'm thinking about or what I'm learning about life.
I finally got the next LifeCampTO sorted out: LifeCampTO: April 5 (Sun), 10:30am - 1:00pm, LinuxCaffe
Week ending March 29, 2009
Week ending March 22, 2009
Week ending March 15, 2009
Week ending March 8, 2009
March had Ada Lovelace Day
and Pi Day. =) Whee!
Plans for April 2009
- Virtual conferences and public speaking: I will put together two webinars and at least four blog posts about tips for public speaking, particularly for remote presentations. I think that would help make a difference at work.
- Bicycling: I will get more comfortable on my new bicycle so that I can easily run errands or ride my bike for fitness and enjoyment.
- Delegation: I will delegate more tasks and develop more processes.