Here’s what I like about the other services:
- Both Remember the Milk and Toodledo have iPhone/iPod Touch interfaces, so I can review, check off, and create tasks anywhere.
- All those services allow me to e-mail tasks to an address.
- It’s easy to filter tasks by context.
- I can share my tasks with my assistant so that he or she can remind me of the tasks I’ve scheduled for the day.
Here’s what I like about Org:
- I can use templates and outlines to organize my tasks however I want.
- I can set deadlines, scheduled tasks, and prior notice easily.
- I can track time more finely than Toodledo can.
- I can use Org as an activity log.
- I can schedule tasks onto specific timeslots.
Of all the options I’ve tried, Toodledo is closest to where I am with Org, although it still doesn’t do everything.
Some options are:
- Use worg or develop a web-based interface for displaying tasks based on my Org file
- Write code for synchronizing Org with Toodledo or RememberTheMilk, making lots of geeks happy in the process =)