I’m slowly getting better at writing design documents. Now that I’ve gotten rid of my two major annoyances (fields and images in OpenOffice.org), I’ve been able to focus on the design part, and I’ve finally written a document that satisfies the project manager and the IT architect on my team. Yay!
Building Prototyping the functionality really helped. Once I’d gotten my hands dirty with the code, it was easy to refer to functions that need to called and hooks that need to be defined.
I also ask way too many questions (all those programming competitions taught me to watch out for inconsistent or insufficiently specified behavior!), but this is apparently a good thing.
Tomorrow: lots of meetings, but also a bit of time to write some more code, hooray!