From last week’s plans:
- Update the market scans for innovations and forces of change. Moved to a lower priority. Instead, working on a facilitator’s guide to running Innovation Discovery workshops.
Draft some points to include in The Shy Connector’s Guide to Conferences.Now fleshing out slides and planning the website. Bike some more.Enjoying my new bike computer! Also, picked up another pannier. Attend improv and sewing classes.I think I’m starting to get the hang of it! Lots more energy this time around (my cough is starting to make a retreat), and I had a lot of fun playing with specificity and making assumptions. Now I just have to get used to doing that faster. Sewing: Made a drawstring bag easily. Learned a tip for making accurate folds – stick pins through the folding line, and then fold along the pins.
- Tried more ready-to-eat meals for our emergency kit. Oatmeal is good. Uncle Ben’s Brown Rice is okay. The curried chickpeas we had were a little spicy (although the package did say medium). The Stagg Chili was good too.
- Watched a movie with W- and J-.
- Attended Wendy Koslow’s birthday party and chatted with a couple of interesting new people. I should have a tea party–maybe two or three weeks from now?
- Cut out the pieces for my wool skirt. Wondering if I can get more of the matching wool so that I can make another asymmetric blazer
- Had a great chat with my manager about career planning
- Thought about what I want to do
- Do some work on next The Shy Connector presentation =)
Next week, I plan to:
- Create the facilitator guide
- Attend improv and sewing classes. Improv: get the hang of assumptions. Sewing: Make zippered pouch.
- Watch an improv show
- Celebrate a nice, quiet Thanksgiving weekend with W-