Last week was a high-energy week. Tuesday was networking-intensive: a breakfast meeting, a major presentation, and a speed-mentoring event. On Thursday, I had lunch with an IBMer in order to give him career advice (!). On Friday, I had lunch with an acquaintance who’s planning to go to the Philippines, and I hosted a friend of a mentor.
It was a good thing that I had blocked off the entire weekend to enjoy some quiet time. Aside from a few neighbourly encounters (it was a gorgeous fall weekend), I didn’t talk to anyone but W- all weekend. I even skipped my usual video chat with my mom, instead catching up on sleep and quiet.
Fortunately, recharging didn’t involve zoning out. We had a very productive weekend. We spent Saturday doing laundry, planning and making a sofa wrap, and tidying up a little. On Sunday, we bought groceries and made two large batches of lunches/dinners. Based on the success of our fleece blanket experiment, we picked up fleece sheet sets for everyone in the house, too. I ended the day by cutting out the pieces for hooded fleece house robes for W- and me. Yes, definitely a getting-ready-for-winter weekend.
Next week promises to be a high-energy one as well, between a trip to Boston (during which I am probably going to be too busy to meet up with folks =( ) and the paperwork for my permanent residency.
Plans from last week:
Give talk on “Remote Presentations That Rock” (if you’re in IBM, ping me for details)
- Get my visa application sorted out Not needed any more – training will be virtual
Create community guide for training
- Organize handouts for training
- Recorded the video for Remote Presentations That Rock using a totally awesome makeshift setup in our kitchen
- Met people and gave advice
- Connected with the Center for Advanced Learning and the Collaborative Learning community
Tidy house and prepare lots of meals Help make house routines even smoother
- Prepared so that winter will be even more comfortable
- Feathered our nest <laugh>
Finish my skirtand start on pants Will do a bathrobe instead Clean up the back yard
- Wake up before 6 every day Stayed up late a few days, so missed this
- Made a sofa wrap – first home dec project
Plans for this week:
- Finalize the recording for the presentation
- Prepare for workshop
- Customize my benefits
- Write user’s guide for community
- Make bathrobes
- Enjoy some more quiet
- Keep biking to work
- Get the paperwork ready for the permanent residency passport request