Around 100 people attended the Shy Connector webinar I gave for Women in Technology, International. It was lots of fun!
What worked well:
- You know, I might be on to something with this topic…
- People liked the webcam, the interaction, and the visual approach.
- The text chat was lively and there was plenty to talk about.
- Quickly installing my own survey system let me get more feedback.
- The Camtasia recording provided a useful backup for capturing the interaction images as well as the text chat.
- Having shyconnector.com and theshyconnector.com helped.
What I can do even better next time:
- Refer to interesting hats instead of funny hats. There’s nothing inherently funny about my cool Tilley hat, the word just got stuck in my head (nervousness?).
- Have one of the said hats handy.
- Use shyconnector.com instead of j.mp, as some companies block URL shorteners.
- Have an announcement up on my blog to make it easier for people to find information.
- Save the text chat before sending out the URL. InstantPresenter closed unexpectedly, boo!
- I still lean towards LivingAnAwesomeLife.com instead of LivingAwesomely. LivingAwesomely feels a little abrupt.
- Write about thoughts from the text chat.
- Prepare introvert guide to public speaking (must come up with catchy title: Two Hundred is Easier than Two?)