July 18, 2010 - Categories: weekly
Plans from last week:
- [X] Support upcoming workshops: lots of juggling and following up! I’m getting much better at reaching out across the organization, too.
- [-] Plan for and have mid-year review: getting close to my birthday review, too
- [X] Consolidate community toolkit: Thanks to the lovely IBM OneUI template that Stephan Wissel customized for me, I got inspired to integrate my Community Toolkit and make it look fancy. The toolkit includes a newsletter, forum exporter, blog exporter, stats generator, content exporter, OPML generator, and feed-to-email link generator. I’ll add other public tools as I get requests for them, and Luis Benitez will help me figure out how to get this and even more awesome functionality into Lotus Notes plugins (to deal with the security and privacy issues).
- Made a lot of headway on planning external Idea Labs
- [X] Organize a get-together or spend time with friends: Helped Maira look at kitchen knives
- [-] Reschedule all the services related to the wedding: moved my vacation, still figuring out plans
- [ ] Cook a new recipe
- Watched several movies with W-, thanks to the library (yay library!)
- Caught a glimpse of the Indy 500 while biking around
- Did lots of biking with W-, yay!
- Ruthlessly purged fridge. Mwahaha!
- Helped make cheesecake for J-‘s unbirthday party
- [-] Find a singing teacher: E-mailed a few potential teachers
- [X] Learn how to play “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” on the ukulele
- [X] Identify and work on clutter spots – bought a belt bag with more pockets to help me stay organized
- Also learned how to play Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah (ukulele chords). I love self-referential things. (It goes like this: the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift…)It sounds remarkably cheerful on the ukulele.
- Weeded and trimmed the garden. Pulled up peas in order to start second crop. Pulled up some of the bush beans, too. Added to compost heap.
- Sewed a ukulele case, yay! Had just enough padding to make it. Worked without a pattern.
- Sewed simple knit top and dress. Still a little rough, but more comfortable than my old cotton T-shirt. Browsing through the fabric store gets me excited about sewing.
- Started printing selected entries from my blog.
- Biked along the lakeshore (Martin Goodman trail). Pretty!
- Bought some more technical shirts for biking.
Plans for next week:
- [ ] Launch idea lab
- [ ] Launch expertise location pilot and invite SMEs
- [ ] Follow up with experts
- [ ] Set up my Lotus Notes development environment
- [ ] Sort out wedding plans – re-check assumptions, constraints?
- [ ] Share cheesecake with friends
- [ ] Help work on chair
- [ ] Buy my own ukulele tuner
- [ ] Collect and try out more songs
- [ ] Sew more tops and accessories