Having a list of get-together ideas encourages me to plan moreget-togethers. Some are things I've done before and would be happy todo again, other things are things I haven't gotten around to doingyet… =)
- [ ] Enjoy formal afternoon tea, with scones and all
- [ ] Bike along the lake, then have a picnic
- [ ] Eat at one of the best-rated restaurants
- [ ] Tour the botanical gardens in spring, to see things grow
- [ ] Enjoy the waters at a spa, then have a massage
- [ ] Find a meetup I like: photography, crafts
- [ ] Go to yoga classes
- [ ] Watch a funny musical, play, or movie
- [ ] Buy good food from a farmer's market
- [ ] Explore different cheeses
- [ ] Go on a double-decker city tour
- [ ] Enjoy thin-crust pizza in Little Italy
- [ ] Take a cooking class
- [ ] Attend dinner theatre
- [ ] Have exquisite hot chocolate at Soma
- [ ] Have poutine (guilty pleasures)
- [ ] Browse Goodwill, Value Village, Winners, or other discount stores for great finds
- [ ] Browse through vintage stores for great finds
- [ ] Go to the library
- [ ] Attend an art or craft seminar
- [ ] Watch Cirque du Soleil and other good shows
- [ ] Take art classes at a museum
- [ ] Take an evening course: writing, crafts, etc.
- [ ] Learn a new language and practice conversation: Japanese? French? Cantonese?
- [ ] Volunteer: library, animal shelter, soup kitchen?
Friday evenings are good (particularly in summer, when it almost feels like a second afternoon).Sometimes Sunday afternoons are good, too. I can be persuaded to use Saturdays for particularly good causes.