What will August look like? I’m turning 27, so it’ll be a great excuse to do that yearly review (and what a year!). Work: Organize lots of Idea Labs, support workshops, attend training, improve our community toolkit, come up with a way for other people to organize Idea Labs easily, explore opportunities, and prepare presentations. Relationships: Sort everything out for wedding, reorganize space, meet up with W-’s family, have a tea party, meet up with friends, mentor and be mentored. Life: Get back into sewing pouches and other organizers. Draw and write more vividly. Have fun. =)
It’s been quite a month. As promised, a yearly review, with a PDF of my favourite blog posts from life as a 26-year-old. Lots of work: organizing Idea Labs, attending training, creating training material, tweaking the community toolkit. Lots of changes – things that rippled into changes in lifestyle: a blender for healthy breakfast shakes, a television and a PS3 for family gaming (but be careful with the timesuck!), a tablet PC for drawing and presentations. We helped a friend solve a temporary housing problem. And the wedding preparations – mostly okay, but a fair bit of drama. The licence has been obtained, the bed-and-breakfast for my family has been reserved, the dress has arrived, the photographer has been booked. Some differences. Fortunately, W- is amazing, and we’re going to get through this. I’ve got a little bit more clarity around the career front regarding what I want to do, so I only need to focus on resolving one thing at a time.
September: more Idea Labs, preparations, keeping things sane. October: a whirlwind. And then a new normal, I hope.
- Week ending August 29, 2010
- Weekly review: Week ending August 22, 2010
- Weekly review: Week ending August 15, 2010
- Weekly review: Week ending August 8, 2010
- Weekly review: Week ending August 1, 2010
- Monthly review: July 2010
Work and tips:
- Proactive communication: Five tips for following up
- Six steps to make sharing part of how you work
- Keeping in touch with diffuse networks
- Note-taking revisited
- Sample code for allowing drag-and-drop of Notes/Domino documents (including email) to a table in a plugin Success and blogging
- On finding a great job
- On passion and luck
- What’s success, anyway?
- Television and the push and pull of motivation
- Limiting my options so that I can focus
- Setting up my new tablet PC – apps, config, etc.
- Drawing with my tablet
- On a Lenovo X61
- Learning storytelling from my parents
- Backyard trades
- Hypercubes, happiness, and serenity
- Diversity and awareness of privilege
- The delicate dance of status
- Reflecting on introductions
- Networking events
- Long weekend reflections
- Two days of awesome