This is a placeholder for the Technology and Humans talk Iím giving today on ďThe Examined Life.Ē I want to explore how people are using technology to practice relentless improvement, and Iíll tell a couple of stories of how Iím improving my skills, sharing what Iím figuring out, and learning from others through my blog and other tools.
- Quantified Self: Tools for knowing your own mind and body
- Edison: The Experimenter’s Journal, and Think Try Learn
- Minimalist word processors: WriteRoom, Dark Room, WriteSpace
- Gadgets: Carpet Alarm Clock, Clocky robot alarm clock, etc.
- New York Times: The Data-Driven Life
- Personal Data Collection @GetRichSlowly
From overall description of conference:
Technology pervades our developed world and mediates our perception of it. We are alive in a period of profound technological transformation, from a world of limited discrete technology appliances to one where technology is both pervasive and embedded in us and our environment. This transformation can be exciting, fun, and inspiring. Or it can be stressful, frustrating, and isolating. For all of us, it is forcing and evolution in our thinking, skills, learning methods, and perception. This conference explores perspectives on this transformation and how our adaptation will change the opportunities for IBM and the world. Get broad perspectives on the human impact of technology, now and in the future.