- Weekly review: Week ending October 31, 2010
- Weekly review: Week ending October 24, 2010
- Weekly review: Week ending October 17, 2010
- Week ending October 10, 2010
- Monthly review: September 2010
W- and I got married in October. That pretty much took up the whole month between spending time with our wonderful families and recuperating from the celebration. When I got back to work, I started on a Drupal project. It’s good to be back in development.
We’ve switched back to Eastern Standard Time. The sun sets earlier now. I’ve taken my winter mittens and scarves out of storage. We’re gearing up for what I’m resolutely calling "baking season" – a way of reminding myself that even winter has its benefits. To celebrate baking season, W- has been baking these absolutely scrumptious brownies.
We’re halfway through November already. I need to write a yearly review. My work anniversary syncs well with our yearly performance review cycle. I’ve got pictures to organize and memories to write. And then theres’s the holiday season coming up. We’re working on being more social.
Life is good.
- Emacs, keypresses, and why keyboard combinations aren’t that scary
- Speaking: In case of emergency, break glass
- Notes from Quantified Self Toronto, October 27, 2010
- "But what can I talk about?" Toastmaster tactics for tackling topics
- How I got into computer science
- Thinking about getting better at writing
- Drupal Features and Drush: updating our development workflow
- Book: Critical inquiry: the process of argument
- Saving development time through virtual appliances
- Memories of Mandelbrot
- Notes from DrupalCampToronto 2010
- Book: Fast Track Networking: Turning Conversations into Contacts
- Back on the writing wagon
- Toaster’s toasted
- Placeholder: The Examined Life: Technology and Experimentation
- Cleaning up HTML from Microsoft Word
- Lotus Notes mail practices
- Quick catch-up
- The Exploratorium, or playgrounds for the mind