While we don’t have anything like the awesome biking infrastructure of the Netherlands (oh, and all that flat land – envy!) or the widespread bikes-on-every-bus mixed commutes of Boulder, Toronto is still pretty decent when it comes to biking. June is Bike Month here, so there’ll be plenty of events coming up! It’s a good time to take to the road and explore routes I don’t normally pass. Here’s what I’m thinking of:
- June 3: Friday Night Ride: starts near work, ends up near home, going all along the waterfront. Biking from work on a Friday may be tough (I’ll be bringing a laptop, maybe two) so I may skip this
- June 4: Saturday Morning Easy Roller Ride: starts near our place, goes to Port Credit in Mississauga, and I can always stop if I get tired along the way
- June 18: Bells on Bloor: also starts near High Park (I love being near a common bike starting point!), goes to Queen’s Park
Not biking-related, but may still get me out of the house:
- June 5: Catch Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides on the IMAX 3D screen downtown – maybe the 12:15PM showing, or the 3:30 one?
- June 12: Toronto Raw/Vegan Festival at 918 Bathurst Street
Anyone want to come along?