Click on the image for a larger version. Feel free to reshare it under the Creative Commons Attribution License. =)
Christine Steiger shared how she had risen through the ranks in a large fitness company, teaching herself a lot about sales. She then started her own company so that she could provide more personalized service in a woman-friendly environment. She emphasized the need for marketing and creative promotions, including building relationships with other business owners. I liked her focus and her drive, and I’m looking forward to applying what I learned in my own business.
Thanks to Christine for sharing, and thanks to Margaret Wigglesworth and the Toronto Reference Library for hosting!
Previous Small Business Network meetups at the Toronto Reference Library:
- Sandra Emilia Calderaro (Multilingual Kids), Andres D’Imperio (designer) – July 2012
- Pamela MacDonald, Liako Dertilis, Billy Dertilis (Red Rocket Coffee) – June 2012
- The Shy Entrepreneur (me) – April 2012
- Sal Sloan of Fetching! – March 2012
- Kristina Chau of notyouraverageparty – February 2012
See my other sketchnotes of tech and business meetups, books, and other thoughts, or subscribe to my blog. (It can be quite a lot of information, though, so if you prefer, you can subscribe to just the sketchnotes instead.) Share your thoughts through Twitter (@sachac), blog comments, or e-mail. Enjoy! =)