Yesterday, I did something I don’t think I’ve done since graduate school. I spent almost nine hours just talking to people – me and one or two other friends at a time. Not a conference, not a meeting, not a family get-together, not a tea party. Just hanging out on a Friday. Lunch with people I met for the first time, an afternoon chat with a friend I hadn’t seen for months, a crepe dinner with a friend I hadn’t seen in years.
Actually not awkward. Fun. Glad to spend time with people, and to help as well.
I like this. I can add more of this to my life. I like it because I hear about other people’s lives and other people’s adventures. I like it because people are interesting. I like it because I can share what I’m learning, and I can learn more from their questions and ideas along the way.
This is good. I want to make more space for this.
From last week’s plans
[X]Earn: E1: Training, creating training material
[-]Connect: Set up next Emacs chat?
[X]Build: Start sketching Android app
[X]Build: Learn more about accounting
[X]Build: Attend WordPress Toronto meetup: Custom Post Types
- Connect: Started tracking people using org-contacts
- Connect: Chatted with Floyd Marinescu and Nitin Bharti
- Build: Went through Google Android training materials
- [C] Plan Dark Knight Rises get-together: Cancelled
[X]Help lay the foundation for the shed
- Chatted with Maira Bay de Souza
- Got back in touch with Steve Crawford
[X]Play more LEGO Batman 2 =)
- Planted more lettuce in the garden
Plans for next week
[ ]Earn: E1: Revise training material, prototype communities
[ ]Connect: Conversation about lifelogging
[ ]Connect: Take sketchnotes at Third Tuesday Toronto
[ ]Connect: Attend MobileDev.TO launch
[ ]Build: Start preparing Quantified Self talk
[ ]Build: Learn more about Android development
[X]Build: Order TF700 tablet, wheee!
[X]Build: Improve Quantified Awesome JSON support
[X]Build: Get Emacs to automatically generate my time summaries
[ ]Map out more friends and get in touch with them
[ ]Get together with friends and talk about libraries
[ ]Draw for fun
[ ]Analyze ManicTime data
- Business: 56.1 hours (E1: 39.1)
- Discretionary: 34.6 hours (Social: 10.3, Writing: 5.3)
- Personal: 18.7 hours (Biking: 6.3, Routines: 8.8)
- Sleep: 55.4 hours – average of 7.9 hours per day
- Unpaid work: 3.2 hours (Cook: 0.5)