May 30, 2012 - Categories: notetaking
You'll often find me taking notes in a small paper notebook that I tuck into my beltbag for easy access. I like taking notes on paper more than I like taking notes on my smartphone because:
- I don't have to look down when taking notes.
- I don't have to worry about battery life. My phone runs out of battery frequently enough even without using it for notes or web browsing, because I use Bluetooth and GPS frequently.
- I can add little sketches here and there.
- Cursive script is hard to quickly read. I think I’ll stick to printing letters.
- Conversation notes are ephemeral.
- Lists are useful for a long time.