Last month, I wrote:
I’ll be celebrating my 29th birthday this August. I’m looking forward
to getting together with friends, writing and illustrating my yearly
review, preparing for the conference in September, and winding down my
August was definitely a month for life tweaks. I’ve been getting used to the Asus Infinity TF700 tablet, and I’m starting to get the hang of drawing on it. I moved to a new phone and a new mobile provider – the Samsung Galaxy S3 on WIND Mobile – so now I’m all kitted out in terms of connectivity. Android development is fun and interesting, and I’m looking forward to digging deeper over the next year or so. W- and I painted our new shed, and now there’s plenty of space for our bicycles and other stuff.
We’ve been enjoying plenty of watermelons and other fresh fruits. I hosted a small get-together to celebrate my birthday, and instead of baking, I just cut up lots and lots of fruit to share. That was fun.
Many of my friends are looking for their next job opportunity, so I’ve been spending more time with them and thinking about ways to help out. As for me, consulting was great. I picked up an exciting new skill: animating my sketches. Now I’m taking a short break so that I can spend time with my family and participate in a conference in the Bay Area. I’ll be consulting for two days a week in October and November, and then I’m going to commit to figuring out other non-consulting business models. Onward!
In September, I’m looking forward to spending time with my parents, sister, and brother-in-law; sharing lots of sketchnotes from the Quantified Self Conference; putting together an annual review; and learning more about mobile development.
Getting the hang of my new devices
- Learning how to tweak my Android devices to fit me
- More gadget changes
- Learning more about Android development
- How to build MobileOrgNG for Android
- Building MobileOrg for Android
- zomg Evernote and Emacs
- Paint-the-shed weekend
- Backyard updates: New shed, garden happiness
- Submitted my application for Canadian citizenship!
- Twenty-nine; life as a 28-year-old
- Thinking about what wild success at 29 looks like
- Getting together
- No longer worried about flat tires
- Weekly review: Week ending August 24, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending August 17, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending August 10, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending August 3, 2012
- Monthly review: July 2012
- Discovery: I like making sketched animations
- Thinking about ways to help people who are in between
- Coverage-mapping business models, or thinking of this like a business tasting menu
- Thinking about how to learn how to manage others
- Making myself create space
- Taking a month off from consulting
- Sketchnotes: Girl Geeks Toronto – Adventures in Arduino
- Centre for Social Innovation – Small Business Network meetup at the Toronto Reference Library
- Sketchnotes from #torontob2b (antispam, mobile websites, marketing programs)
- Thinking about a visual process library
- Process: Reading nonfiction books