More posts about: business Tags: experience, paperwork // Add Comment »
Because I incorporated my company instead of being a sole proprietor, I need to file annual returns, update my minute book, and have either a shareholder’s meeting or pass resolutions. Since it didn’t make sense to have a meeting by myself, I combined this template for shareholders’ resolutions and sample minutes of a shareholders’ meeting to come up with the resolutions below. (Not legal advice; please go talk to a lawyer if you need one.)
SHAREHOLDERS RESOLUTION OF _________
The undersigned, being all the shareholders of _________, hereby sign the following annual resolutions.
1. These resolutions are in place of an annual meeting of shareholders of the company.
2. The financial statements of the company for the fiscal year ended __Date__, are received.
3. __Name__ continues as the director of the company.
4. No auditor be appointed for the current fiscal year of the company.
5. All by-laws, resolutions, contracts, acts and proceedings of the board of directors, shareholders and officers of the Corporation enacted, passed, made, done or taken since __date__ as the same are set forth or referred to in the minutes of the Corporation or in the financial statements submitted to the shareholders of the Corporation on this date are hereby approved, ratified, sanctioned and confirmed. The acts of the Board of Directors since the last annual meeting of shareholders are approved and ratified.
This week, I’ll file the federal annual return. Another milestone! Maybe next year I’ll learn how to pass resolutions for dividends, or make myself a proper employee of the company so that I can set up a private health services plan.