- Meet up with other Emacs geeks at a coffee shop somewhere. Advantages of doing it in person instead of IRC: higher throughput, fewer tech problems, more ability to move things around or sketch things out? Although many Emacs geeks are still recovering from yesterday… Some possibilities:
- Braindump things to write about in more depth. (Outline for book? Pages on Emacs Wiki?) Emacs docathon!
- Hack on various things together. Maybe dig into Org issues? Emacs hackathon!
- Help people with their configuration files. Emacs configathon!
- Commiserate with other Windows users and borrow their configuration tweaks. Umm… Emacs unmiserathon?
- Hang out with other Emacs geeks and do non-Emacsy things, like wandering around London, because people are awesome and it would be great to get to know them.
- Wander around London for walking exercise. Have fish and chips. Have a good map to navigate my way back. Maybe walk up to Camden Town or take the tube? Go to the Museum of London and marvel at history?
- Wander around the neighbourhood. Have a good map to navigate my way back.
- Write letters. Because letters. =)
- Work on Emacs-related followups: adding more information/colours to sketchnotes, processing video, writing blog posts, working on code… I can theoretically do this when I’m back in Toronto, but there’s value in getting things out reasonably quickly and with good momentum.
- 01 April 2013 at 4:04pm
- Weekly review: Week ending March 29, 2013 » sacha chua :: living an awesome life
[...] After Emacs Conf 2013; ideas for Sunday and Monday ...