Taking it easy. =) Writing a lot!
- Weekly review: Week ending July 26, 2013
- Sometimes you don’t know what you know until someone asks; why I like preparing talking points for podcasts and chats
- Visual metaphors and layouts for planning your life
- How to manage a large blog archive
- Sketchnote Lessons: Banners and ribbons
- My evolution as an “artist”, or why there’s hope for you yet
- This was a while ago, but just in case you missed it, I added a transcript to my chat with Bastien Guerry
- There’s a web app for calculating sag for lengths of wood, appropriately named the Sagulator.
- When creating multiples of components in SketchUp, you need to press ENTER after typing in “x5″ or whatever you’re multiplying it by.
- After we finished making our first stringer, we celebrated by going out for Vietnamese bun. Pho Nho was a delightful discovery.
- Woodworking is more fun with two people than with one.
the_widgetlets you display a widget using PHP in a page template. Get the widget name from the class definition for it.
- New welcome page: http://livinganawesomelife.com
- Excel: You can repeat rows or columns in Microsoft Excel print-outs by choosing Page Layout – Print Titles.
- Excel: SUMIFS is a great function for conditionally summing items in a tabse.
- Excel: Tables make your formulas much more readable. To convert the current data into a table, press Ctrl-T.
Focus areas and time review
- Business (19.3h – 11%)
[X][#A] Call CRA to clarify HST – Busy
- Earn (2.8h – 14% of Business)
[X]Sketch municipal view
- Build (8.4h – 43% of Business)
[X]Make Share a Draft easier
[X]Make redirections easier
- Quantified Awesome (0.0h)
- Drawing (3.5h)
- Paperwork (0.8h)
[X][#A] Call CRA to clarify HST
[ ]File Brock Health claim
- Connect (8.1h – 41% of Business)
[X]Chat with Timothy Kenny about learning
[X]Evaluate Awesome Foundation Toronto experiment
[ ]Go to Damian Conway’s talk, or go to Hacklab?
- Relationships (17.3h – 10%)
[X]Work on E for project P
[X]Work on T for project P
[ ]Hang out with Mel
[ ]Bring Mel to HackLab
[ ]Check results for experiment
[ ]Make plans for 30th birthday party during the last weekend in August?
[ ]Send notes to people who bought my blog compilation
[ ]Work on gratitude map for 30th birthday
- Discretionary – Productive (28.6h – 17%)
[X]Follow up with consulate regarding police report (should have been faxed)
[X]Have chip filled
- Writing (19.7h)
[ ]Work on my outline
- Discretionary – Play (7.1h – 4%)
- Personal routines (16.3h – 9%)
- Unpaid work (14.2h – 8%)
- Sleep (66.3h – 39% – average of 9.5 per day)