I survived hosting a podcast, interviewing a guest, managing a Hangout on Air, and drawing notes, all at the same time! Boggle.
Also, my citizenship exam has been scheduled for January 21. I should be okay (I typically get 90% on practice tests), but it’s a good excuse to practise remembering trivia.
The next few weeks are probably going to be packed. That means I’ll need to be extra careful about having enough quiet time for myself!
- Weekly review: Week ending January 3, 2014
- Monthly review: December 2013
- Planning a time-tracking workshop for Quantified Self Toronto
- Planning my learning; It’s okay to learn in a spiral
- Dealing with feeling scattered as a writer
- Exploring colours
- Caring for things without caring about things
- 2014.01.05 Asking myself better questions
- 2014.01.05 How can I keep better track of experiments to try
- 2014.01.05 How can I learn to bring people together
- 2014.01.05 How can we improve our cooking
- 2014.01.05 How do I use my time
- 2014.01.06 Building a reputation as a speaker
- 2014.01.06 Canadian winter tips
- 2014.01.06 Extrapolating my futures
- 2014.01.06 Learn how you learn
- 2014.01.06 Learning how to think in sentences
- 2014.01.06 Time-tracking and multi-tasking
- 2014.01.06 Tracking time with Org mode
- 2014.01.06 Transforming timestamps and dates
- 2014.01.06 Why am I happier with selling my time at $5 for 15min vs 200+ per hour
- 2014.01.07 Map for learning Org Mode for Emacs
- 2014.01.08 Dealing with impostor syndrome
- 2014.01.08 Sharing what you’re learning
- 2014.01.09 Ambition
- 2014.01.09 Blog ideas
- 2014.01.09 Building a review habit
- 2014.01.09 Organizing my sketches into collections
- 2014.01.09 Tips for organizing your Org-mode files
- 2014.01.09 What do I find challenging with podcasting
- 2014.01.10 Helpers Help Out 05 – Make Your Listing Better
- 2014.01.10 Post-production notes – HHO5 Make Your Listing Better
- Bake an Apple Pie in an Apple for Impressive Individual Servings: Pretty.
- Does Micro-Frugality Matter?: Small details, repeated often, can really add up. I feel the same way about automation. =)
- Fully auto time logging without Org-mode: Interesting…
- From Ordinary to Extraordinary: 5 Steps to Outsource Content like a Genius: Good tips for giving clear instructions.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Buying Custom Kitchen Knives: Lots of geeking possible.
- This Video Explains When to Use and How to Store Your Baking Spices: I’m learning more about spices.
- Make 46 Meals for Under $100 in 4 Hours: We like bulk-cooking lunches and freezing them in individual portions, but I’m thinking of expanding into prepping ready-to-cook dinners like this. We don’t like buying and throwing away lots of freezer bags, and it’s gotta work with our existing freezer management system… Hmm. Maybe after we clear some more freezer space.
- Does everyone have their price? Do I?: It’s getting more and more fun to say no, actually. =)
- Org-Mode Food List: Because Org.
- The mechanics of my recent productivity: Someone’s reflection on intense self-directed learning.
- Johan Andersson: Various testing tools in Emacs: Yay Emacs!
Focus areas and time review
- Business (54.8h – 32%)
- Earn (20.8h – 37% of Business)
[X]Earn: E1: 2.5-3.5 days of consulting
[X]Follow up on cheque
[ ]Earn: E1: 2.5-3.5 days of consulting
- Build (21.3h – 38% of Business)
[X]Reset the TF700
[ ]Plan what I would do as my own client
- Quantified Awesome (0.0h)
- Drawing (17.5h)
[ ]Make collection of 2013 sketchnotes
- Paperwork (2.7h)
[X]File T4 for myself
[X]File payroll return
- Connect (12.7h – 23% of Business)
[X]Connect: Discuss Emacs chats
[X]Connect: Have lunch with Carsten
[ ]Talk to Globe and Mail about Quantified Self
- Earn (20.8h – 37% of Business)
- Relationships (5.0h – 2%)
[X]Chat with Eric about friendship
[X]Help clean computer of viruses
- Discretionary – Productive (0.7h – 0%)
[X]Check on PH implications and cross-border planning
[X]Follow up on citizenship test
[X]Look for Audacity way to automatically remove silence – truncate
[X]Pick up books from Runnymede
[X]Reflect on how to ask good questions
[X]Reflect on what I do with my time and what my balance will be like for the next two months
[ ]Study for citizenship exam
- Writing (0.0h)
- Discretionary – Play (0.8h – 0%)
- Personal routines (23.6h – 14%)
- Unpaid work (17.0h – 10%)
- Sleep (66.7h – 39% – average of 9.5 per day)