I wrote that in July, I'd like to:
- E1: Update the documentation and help out in other ways: Yup! Worked on a video, too. Lots of good stuff.
- Turn the beginner course into a convenient download: Didn't happen because I've been more focused on philosophy than on Emacs.
- Plan for project F3: Working on it!
- Solidify my exercise habit: Running works well as a social activity, and I've been making gradual progress through the Hacker's Diet Exercise Ladder too. Sometimes I skip a day, but most of the time I remember to work on this.
July was a great month for learning about philosophy, design, and other topics. I learned a lot by looking at what other people did and thinking about what resonated with me, and I'm slowly starting to experiment with those ideas at work and in life.
I also decided to help out more at Hacklab. It's good to take some responsibility for a shared space. I've been cooking at the Tuesday open houses, chatting with visitors, and making the kitchen a more pleasant and functional space. (I finally got tired of smelly cloths, so I sewed a new set of dishtowels and made the Hacklab cloths part of my weekly routines.)
In August, I'm probably going to:
- Work more, since my clients need extra help
- Work on project F3, too
- Improve my writing techniques (outlines, snippets, etc.)
- Celebrate another year, yay!
Here's what I blogged about in July: