I shuffled the sections around a bit to emphasize Emacs Lisp and Emacs development, based on John Wiegley’s suggestion. Enjoy!
- Emacs Lisp:
- Emacs development:
- Org Mode:
- New packages:
- eziam-theme: A mostly monochrome color theme, inspired by Tao and Leuven. Comes with dark and light background.
- flycheck-dialyxir: flycheck checker for elixir dialyxir
- flycheck-dogma: flycheck checker for elixir dogma
- fn: Concise anonymous functions for Emacs Lisp
- frames-only-mode: Use frames instead of Emacs windows
- fuff: Find files with findutils.
- hacker-typer: Pretend to write code like a pro
- inline-docs: Show inline contextual docs.
- major-mode-icons: display icon for major-mode on mode-line.
- mmm-jinja2: MMM submode class for Jinja2 Templates
- org-parser: parse org files into structured datatypes.
- psgml: SGML-editing mode with parsing support
- salt-mode: Major mode for Salt States
- socyl: Frontend for several search tools
- test-c: quickly test c code
Links from reddit.com/r/emacs, /r/orgmode, /r/spacemacs, Hacker News, planet.emacsen.org, Youtube, the changes to the Emacs NEWS file, and emacs-devel.
Past Emacs News round-ups