The network tester I bought yesterday was very useful. Celine and Yaya
suddenly lost network connection, and the tester quickly showed me
that both cables going to the first floor had been significantly
damaged. I showed Jun how the network tester tests individual wires.
We think rats might have chewed on the wires. Jun will rewire the
connection going downstairs. I gave him the wall mounts, networking
jacks, cable reel, and network tester: he’s all set to do some major
Celine didn’t receive some mail Mom sent her, so I confirmed that the
server had plenty of free space and I sent another test message.
However, my mom’s default settings with Globelines didn’t work.
To prevent its mail servers from being used for spam, Globelines
requires users to check their Globelines account before allowing them
to send mail through its servers (POP before SMTP). I didn’t want to
save my mom’s Globelines password on all the computers that needed to
send mail. On 2005.03.03, I installed another network card in our
IntranetServer and configured it to check my mom’s Globelines account
regularly. This worked without a hitch because I had assigned
addresses to keep the two networks separate.
When they plugged the wireless router in, though, the factory defaults
conflicted with my addressing scheme. I suppose she had luckily
managed to avoid those problems for a while. Still, fixing it was
just a matter of sitting down and configuring the router properly. I
set the router password and the wireless security settings as well.
We’re still not done arranging for Mom’s flight to Canada. Argh.
The printer’s annoying, the website’s somewhat frustrating… Mrph.
Ã¥Â½Â¼Ã£Â‚Â‰Ã£ÂÂ¯Ã§Â†Â±Ã§ÂƒÂˆÃ£ÂÂ«Ã£ÂÂ„Ã£ÂÂŒÃ£ÂÂ¿Ã¥ÂÂˆÃ£ÂÂ£Ã£ÂÂ¦Ã£ÂÂ„Ã£Â‚Â‹Ã£Â€Â‚ They fight like cat and dog.
On Technorati: adphoto