I wrote last month that in October, I was planning to:
- Help with the last big milestone for my consulting client
- Turn over all of my responsibilities and document things I’ve learned
- Cook at the new Hacklab and explore more recipes at home
- Do my corporate books: this year, I added dividends and HST quick method!
Big milestone successfully passed, hooray! There are still a few minor hiccups that the team’s working through, but that’s normal. In other news, I signed a new contract, and we have a new team member too. That means I don’t actually have to disappear abruptly, and I can gradually document and transfer what I know.
I’ve been having a lot of fun cooking at the new Hacklab. We invested a lot in kitting out the new kitchen, and that’s really paid off. It’s more comfortable cooking with all those tools and all that counter space. Whee! You can check out our notes in the public wiki.
I’m waiting to hear back from the bookkeeper I hired through oDesk before submitting my corporate tax return and my HST return this year, but even if I have to do it on my own, I feel reasonably confident about my numbers.
In November, I plan to:
- Get team members up to speed with prototype designs and reporting tips
- Experiment with Emacs hangouts and learn more about functionality
- File my corporate tax returns
- Dust off my delegation processes
- 2014.10.06 Sometimes – often – I don’t feel like making conversation
- 2014.10.11 Considering winter coats
- 2014.10.21 Exploring my current motives
- 2014.10.21 Reflecting on my primary motives
- 2014.10.22 On Hell Yeah and other approaches
- 2014.10.22 People who follow similar motivations well
- 2014.10.22 What kinds of activities do I want to fully enjoy
- 2014.10.22 What would I like to be able to do with sustained motivation
- 2014.10.31 How do I want to become a better developer
- 2014.10.31 What do I want from this phase of my experiment
- 2014.10.31 What do I want the rhythm to feel like