Lots of work getting ready for a big event. =) Surprisingly still managed to get a lot of sleep, at the cost of giving up other discretionary activities. But it’s for a good cause, and it’s temporary anyway.
- Weekly review: Week ending September 12, 2014
- Getting ready for my third fiscal year end
- Dealing with feeling under the weather
- Things to tweak or try this winter
- Programming and creativity
- Learning from the Alternative Uses Task
- How to Become Your Own Life Coach with Fourteen Simple Strategies: Useful practices.
- My Next 10 Years of Blogging: More fleshing out of his plans for masterworks. =)
- Postgres Window Functions: Ooh, neat. Should try these someday.
- Some things I want my kids to learn: So awesome. Mel will totally rock someday.
- Make some org-sections read-only: Hmm, might be handy.
- On Using TagTime: The benefits of stochastic time tracking.
- Mindful Virtue by Ben Butina: Attention and skill.
Focus areas and time review
Wow, almost 60 hours of consulting. And lots of sleep, actually – 9.3 hours on average, with a 13-hour stretch on one of those days. Intense thinking makes my brain tired. =) Hardly any discretionary time, but that’s okay; sprint, not marathon. More delivered food than I’ve had the rest of the year, I think. So this is what my schedule looks like when I pare it down to the essentials so that I can focus on work…
- Business (62.3h – 37%)
- ☑ E1: Prepare for stuff
- ☐ Earn: E1: Big event
- Earn (57.5h – 92% of Business)
- Build (3.4h – 5% of Business)
- Drawing (1.9h)
- Delegation (0.0h)
- Packaging (0.1h)
- Paperwork (1.4h)
- Connect (1.3h – 2% of Business)
- Relationships (4.6h – 2%)
- Discretionary – Productive (2.8h – 1%)
- Emacs (0.0h – 0% of all)
- ☑ Pay Mastercard
- Writing (1.3h)
- Discretionary – Play (1.0h – 0%)
- Personal routines (20.6h – 12%)
- Unpaid work (11.3h – 6%)
- Sleep (65.4h – 38% – average of 9.3 per day)