- Boot grub with the following commands:
kernel (hd0,2)/root/root.bin ide0=ata66 initrd=/root/root.bin initrd (hd0,2)/root/root.bin
- Gleefully delete the other partitions except for the main XP one (we’ll leave one lying around just in case – it’s only 5G, anyway.)
- Create a 550 MB swap partition as /dev/hda2.
- Create a 5 GB partition for / – this is /dev/hda3.
- Allocate the remaining space for /mnt/data – this is /dev/hda4.
- Carelessly reboot.
- Start panicking.
What are my options?
- Find the hard disk, transplant it to the Vaio, install Linux over
the network, and proceed to have fun.
- Find one of those USB hard disk storage things, transplant the hard
disk into it, then do a debootstrapped install.
- Wait for someone to bring me a USB floppy drive.
- Panic.Short URL: http://sachachua.com/blog/p/1551