By golly, I’ve been remiss with monthly reviews. None since November – can that be right? Back to writing these!
March was my first full month as a business owner. Consulting is solid and good. I’ve also started doing illustration.
I like this. There are tons of things to learn, and it’s good.
I’m already most of the ways through April. I plan to bike to work all throughout the month, if I can help it. So far, so good! I want to spend April experimenting with more ideas. I like drawing, and I’m getting the hang of the tools I’ve added to my kit.
- Visual book notes: 6 Secrets to Startup Success
- Visual book notes: The Start-up of You (Reid Hoffman, Ben Casnocha)
- Visual book review: Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- Visual book notes: How to Read a Book
- Visual book review: Enough, by Patrick Rhone
- Visual book review: Critical Inquiry: The Process of Argument
- Sketchnotes: Sal Sloan of Fetching! at the Toronto Public Library: Small Business Networking Event
- Sketchnotes: Dave Ley, Jen Nolan, Leo Marland and me at the University of Toronto Faculty of Information’s career panel
- Sketchnotes: William Mougayar (engagio) at Third Tuesday Toronto
- Meetup sketchnotes: The Publishing Side of WordPress, Andy McIlwain
- Visual metaphors: Balance
- What I want from visual notetaking; imagining wild success
- Making space to plan for visual summaries
- Six ways I’m learning how to get better at drawing sketchnotes
- Organizing resources for Quantified Self Toronto
- The confidence of non-expertise
- Mapping my blog archives
- Taking up hobbies again: photography and gardening
- Ice cream season and the first seeds in the garden
- Trying out MindManager 2012 – Almost but not quite the right fit for me
- Weekly review: Week ending March 2, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending March 9, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending March 16, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending March 23, 2012
- Weekly review: Week ending March 30, 2012