CHOCO – CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
- 1 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 c. Quick or Old Fashioned Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 3/4 c. nuts, chopped
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add combined flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until thoroughly blended. Stir in oats; chocolate pieces and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack.
Not quite Kathy’s recipe, but it’ll do in a pinch.
Worked out quite well. Made two batches.Short URL: http://sachachua.com/blog/p/3059