Via Quinn, who got it from Richard, who got it from Dave Pollard, George Carlin’s 10 rules for Staying Young:
- Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay “them”.
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
- Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop”. And the devil’s name is Alzheimer.
- Enjoy the simple things.
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
- The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourself. Be alive while you are alive.
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
- Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but not to where the guilt is.
- Tell show the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
On Technorati: life
Random Emacs symbol: byte-goto – Variable: Byte code opcode for unconditional jump.Short URL: http://sachachua.com/blog/p/3967