More posts about: learning, life, planning, reflection, yearly Tags: highlight // 1 Comment »
Here are my priorities for 2010:
- Share as much as I can at work and in life. I want to share as much as possible so that other people can build on that foundation. At work, this means creating enablement material, blogging, organizing the shared content, and helping communities and individuals.
- Learn more about drawing, animation, and video. I want to get even better at thinking things through and communicating what I’m learning. The better I get at sharing, the more I can help people learn.
- Continue living an awesome life! I can’t wait to explore the experiment opportunities that are sure to come up. I’m looking forward to further building my relationships with W- and J-, family, friends, communities, and the world, too. And I’m definitely looking forward to bringing my cat to Canada as I complete the permanent residency process. I miss her! =)
What do I want to learn to support that, and how can I go about learning?
1) Share as much as I can at work and in life.
I want to share patterns for social software use, organizational knowledge (connecting the dots), skills I’ve picked up, and ideas and insights I’ve collected along the way. I can learn through:
- Practice: Adding content to blogs, wikis, communities, and other repositories will move me towards this goal and help me develop the skills I need to do it even more effectively
- Community, mentors: People’s comments and questions teach me what to share and what’s missing.
- Inspiration: I can get ideas from e-books, presentations, wikis, and other resources.
2) Learn more about drawing, animation, and video.
I want to communicate better. Visual skills complement written skills and can be quite engaging. I can learn through:
- Practice: I can use drawing, animation and video to share what I’m learning.
- Community, mentors: People’s feedback will help me learn how to communicate more effectively.
- Reading: There are a few good resources coming out soon – looking forward to reading them!
- Inspiration: I can get ideas from presentations, images, and videocasts.
- Coaches: I can work with editors and illustrators to get feedback and improve the output.
3) Continue living an awesome life!
I can explore this further through:
- Practice: Particularly experiments! =)
- Reflection: What am I doing well? How can we do even better?
- Reading: Lots of books and blog posts about life, yay!
- Community, mentors: Learning from people’s comments, questions, and advice really helps
- Inspiration: Looking for examples and picking up ideas from them = awesome
- 30 January 2011 at 10:01pm
- Prabu Ayyagari's Learning plan for 2011 | Journeys
[...] [Based on ideas and format from the wonderful sharer, Sacha Chua] ...